#268 – competitive shopping skills

March 11th, 2009

#268 – competitive shopping skills

Things will be quite busy for the next few weeks, so I may not make many substantial blog posts. But the good news is, thanks to a kind hand from R. Stevens, book 3 is complete! Everything’s been sent to the printers! So it’ll up for pre-order very soon. Yippee. :)

1. Randall Drew says:

Hey the webcast was a lot of fun! Kudos again on the crazy perspective on the 2nd panel! (psst! I was FlozaxRollins)

2. Chris Gold says:

Yeah, the webcast was a hoot. Thanks again, Meredith!

(userwhatever-9667 :) )

3. Mimi says:

This is so funny! It reminds me of how I used to antagonize my little brother! Ah, the memories.

4. Josh Ulrich says:

Bwahaha!! This is great. I once convinced my cousin we were turning into dinosaurs. It was supposed to be awesome, but he started crying. lol.

• Tom says:

haha thats terrible…. i dont remember the situation cause it was a long time ago but my older brother and i once convinced my sister that she had ringworms in her feet. poor girl =P we were so mean haha

and speaking of turning into dinosaurs – i know this doesnt fit the cruel aspect of the conversation – but my lil brother once wanted to pretend he was turning into a big dragon, so my brother and sister and i all pretended to be scared of him, and we all looked way up above his head when we talked to him =P

5. Aarbear says:

Hehehe… Eve's smarmy look in panel 7 made my day.

6. David Waltergart says:

Why am I flashing on Slumdog Millionaire scenarios here?

Ollie will never have a final answer, in any case.

I very much dig the convex-mirror perspective in panel 2.

8. Addy says:

Reminds me of the time my sisters were throwing a rubber knife at each other, and it hit one of them right in the middle of their forehead. She got a little bump so we all convinced her she was turning into a Unicorn. She started crying, it was hilarious.

9. I love seeing a lighter side in Eve!

10. Fyrisvellir says:

Heh, I love Eve's expression in panel seven. ^^

11. Ertwin says:

I remember my brother and I teaching my sister the meaning of the word gullible….

"gullible means you have purple spots all over you, and you're very gullible"

"no I'm not I don't have purple spots!"

it went on like that for an hour >=D

Now we just annoy her by saying "that's what she said" after absolutely everything she says

12. Ramia says:

My brother and I once convinced our younger brother

while we were giving him a vocabulary lesson

that a hypocrite was a hybrid of a hippo and cricket

that ate little boys that broke CDs

13. Carvin says:

My older brother (we were like…6 and 8.5) convinced me that mouth wash was made of fuel (almost true… it is made with alcohol, which is a fuel) and that the reason you weren't supposed to swallow it was that you could catch on fire randomly (we didn't know about spontaneous combustion). I don't think it was his intent, but I freaked out, certain I had just swallowed a bit by accident. I didn't really cry, I was just too out and out scared- sure that I was going to die. Nothing like facing mortality before finishing kindergarten.