#639 – flawless

February 9th, 2014

#639 – flawless

Hey guys — two things! I’ve launched an Octopus Pie Patreon campaign. The idea behind it is that I’ll be able to take on less freelance, spend more time on the comic, and get cool things like health insurance. And there are a few rewards involved, including more comics, e-books, sketchbook and process drawings. Check it out if you are looking for a very inexpensive way to support the comic!

The other thing is I’m doing a new flea market art sale! This is a limited time thing. You can select from a list of storylines, and I’ll pick out a page you’ll love, for just $30-40!

$30 Flea Market Pages Here
NEWLY ADDED $40 Flea Market Pages Here

1. Kay says:

Hanna is not dealing with any bullshit today

2. Yotomoe says:

Eve's face in panel 4 needs to be on a T-shirt.

3. firstother says:

Yassss, a fellow Beyonce fan <3

4. Lazarus says:

You know someone's a real friend when they join you in a spontaneous music and reclining dance number when you're quite possibly naked in bed.

5. TRA says:

Heh heh heh!

The buzzkill that happens to Marigold + Eve is so real, you'd swear that it came from a true story!
    Cool.

6. erichornby says:

Hanna has become so different O_O

• Alligator Jiggles says:

In her defense, it was heavily implied that Marek's student visa expires after his graduation and he's leaving indefinitely afterwards. Marek is one of the most important people in Hanna's life and she loves him enough to practically sit through his send-off party. So yeah, she's gonna be pissed when Eve sleeps in long enough for Marek to leave ahead of them and then proceeds to lolligag with Marigold.

• snow says:

Not his student visa (I don't think it's ever been implied that he has one) – Hannah and Marek disagree heavily about their futures. He wants children and she does not. They both know how each other feel, and have discussed the fact that they'll eventually have to part ways at various times in the past.

• erichornby says:

Oh, I certainly understand why it is that Hanna has become different. She really does love Marek and this isn't just something she can smoke away or brush off. :(

7. Kathleen says:

Man it’s sad to remember how in the beginning it was Hanna who was the happy-go-lucky one, being all silly. These last arcs she’s been so tense.

8. tony says:

Patreon huh? I see a lot of people are getting into that. Very cool. I just wish I had the money to support these things.

So Marek might be leaving? I'm sorry to hear that. He was cool. Hopefully he'll return a couple times later on if he does.

9. ubun7u43v3r says:

GAH! Caught all the way up from the first one already? Why must webcomics be inherently finite?

10. @WeissWrites says:

Panel 4 might be my favorite panel in this comic's history. So, so fun and great.

11. yeahLCD says: