#398 – administrative work

September 20th, 2010

#398 – administrative work

Octopus Pie Facts: The okapi, by nature, is super cute.

1. Mr. Pilgrim says:

So…old dude is just a tool who tells the ladies what they want to hear? Hmm…I guess he and Will are perfect BFFs. I heart the hell of out Will, but he needs to get his shit together and get back with Eve…Of course, that'd require Eve getting her shit together too. A simultaneous shit get, if you will.

2. Trae says:

The expression in panel 4 is awesome.

I don't much like Larry, especially now that he seems to say whatever to get an advantage towards people. (ie: Agreeing about his tattoo so people feel good about "knowing" what it is.)

Will seems to be kind of iffy about something, too.

3. Becks says:

Aww yay, Will's heart is back!

4. James says:

I had a bad feeling about Larry.

5. Zak says:

Larry is "mirror universe" Will – where everyone has beards and is evil – except Will has the beard. While I don't think either of them is evil, Will doesn't like what he's seeing in the mirror. Once in a while, everyone needs a kick in the pants in the form of "I don't want to be THAT guy."

6. Heidi says:

Larry = greasy bastard

7. Lobster says:

Oh, poor Will! I hope he's realizing that this isn't for him.

8. Mayday says:

Is Will not feeling well emotionally, or physically? It would be kind of typical of the universe if he was the one who ended up with tetanus from dumpster diving or something.

Seriously though, Larry seems like the kind of guy consequences don't stick to, and other people end up taking the fall. I don't want Will to take the fall! :c

9. Dellaca says:

Will has just realised that Larry uses the tattoo to pick up girls, and that he used the line on Marigold earlier. No?

10. T9SayWha says:

Oh man. It looks like Will's profession of lies is finally taking it's toll on his conscience. Looking back, he wouldn't be having this guilt had he not run into Aimee… GOD SEND! XP

11. sdragoni says:

It seems that Will has been reading the comments under these comics.

12. Heidi says:

Hm. Just came up with a theme song for Will and Eve, if they end up together: "Mandolin Rain" by Bruce Hornsby. In all seriousness, some of you may be too young to remember the song. Look it up on YouTube. I think it does sound like something that would fit them.

13. ZJ says:

Um… is Larry surreptitiously rolling up his sleeve to reveal his tattoo As he passes out phoney business cards….? Run away Will, run away!

14. MrJM says:

You know, this Larry fellow is really starting to grow on me.

– MrJM

15. Ferret says:

I'm actually hoping Larry is a pathological liar. For some reason I think that'd be easier to accept than his simply being a manipulative bastard.

16. K says:

Hahaha. Will's pulling Eve's dilemma-face from Love Anxiously.

17. Kira says:

Even though Larry gives off a pretty scummy vibe, it's good to see that he still cares about his friend. If Will had run off and Larry hadn't done anything, I'd think he was a much worse guy than he's being now.

18. jeremythedog says:

oh, you kids and your theories…

19. rhorner says:

Larry's just a dude, doing a thing. Sure, the next few strips could show him to be a total wad, but thusfar, he's just being a good bro. He just happens to sort of be the devil's advocate in the personal crisis that Will's going through; And I'm glad that the strip is focusing on that particular dilemma. Will's problems with Marigold and career have a lot to do with avoiding self-honesty. This has been brewing for a while.

• Deb says:

Larry may be trying to help his bro, but he's a manipulative jerk to everyone else. People like him are a big part of why the world sucks.

• wykstrad says:

really? Cause personally, I'd rather have a guy use his incredibly obscure tattoo as a way to start a conversation, not as a way to give an exasperated gasp and say, "OBVIOUSLY it's a picture of (super obscure thing I've never heard of before), but I guess in this day and age you can't expect people to know anything." He doesn't seem to be getting anything out of those women, so a white lie for the sake of keeping the conversation going doesn't seem amiss. (and yes, one of the girls might sleep with him, but I doubt that'll be due to his deep abiding love of old sci-fi movies. If women slept with guys based on criteria like that, the internet would be a much smaller place).

"The Angry Red Planet," 1959, eh? I'm gonna have to see that movie; wonder what the connection is to the ancient Tsuchigumo tribe?

21. chris says:

I am so glad for that advertising major reference.

22. Makoma says:

The okapi is also able to lick its own eyes.

23. AlmostLiterally says:

I'm seriously loving all the attention Will is getting with this arc.

24. Sarah says:

When I was a kid, I was a real smartass. A clown making balloon animals asked me if I'd like an animal, and so, I replied, "Can you make an okapi?" The clown didn't miss a beat and shot back, "No, I only make originals." OHHH SHUT DOWN.

25. Fish says:

Wow Larry can be a complete douche… It's as if he depends on his boyish charm to get away with it…

26. ChikenKannon says:

Larry doesn't seem to be a douche so far. Just a guy who goes whichever way the river happens to be flowing. Worst thing I can see so far is he doesn't correct people, there doesn't seem to be malicious intent (but there could be).