#375 – the numinous art of delay

April 20th, 2010

#375 – the numinous art of delay

1. AdamBomb says:

Then you'll pay, YOU'LL ALL PAY… because that's how these transactions work.

2. MasculineTruth says:

Is it cool to use Papyrus now that James Cameron did it? Or is it only cool if the ad's in 3D?

3. wogzi says:

that is the best argument for Lasik that I have ever read. you should go into the advertising business, I swear to goodness

4. Fady says:

Man how many jobs does that guy have.

• Phatnes says:

The thing is… he was Mr. Lasik after being Mr. Laser, but before turning Mr. Yoga. May a say "ouch"?

5. Mosrael says:

AWWW POOR EVE, I LOVE YOU BWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :[

6. justin says:

this is one of my favorite webcomics of all time, but using papyrus is a sin that i just cant forgive.

7. Woden says:

"The numinous art of delay" is a wonderful phrase. At first, I read it and laughed, then I went back and read it again, and it encapsulates so much of the experience of life that I've had, that the phrase has become poignant and rather depressing.

8. Auryn says:

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that that font was used ironically here.

9. cello says:

I think it's because you won't even be able to tell it's Papyrus until AFTER you get the Lasik and then you'll be all like WHOOOOAAA

10. Narf says:

One finds after a while that delaying is an action like any other, and does not cause one to stagnate as one first thinks it might; rather, through the numinous art of delay, one experiences growth, change, direction and options – just as one does when one dives in head first. That different is always frightening but not always undesirable – that is something I already knew. That the same old thing eventually becomes different whether one delays or executes – that is something I've come to learn.

I wonder what I'll learn tomorrow.

• Aisha says:

… Whoa.

I don't think I've ever seen such an eloquent, thoughtful, philosophical comment on a webcomic. I like it. Especially the last line. Thank you for giving me something to think about.

• Narf says:

You're very welcome. I had completely forgotten that I'd written it in the short 18 weeks that it's been, but I'm glad I gave you something for your brain's teeth to worry at for a while. :)

11. Royce says:

Oh dear god, that is the greatest advertisement for anything ever. Every super bowl commercial that ever has been, or ever will be made pales in comparison to that single bus ad.