Spring Interlude

April 27th, 2014

Spring Interlude

Hi all. I’ve been recalibrating since the last story arc – catching up on post-travel work, sending out the book (CURRENT STATUS: PRINTING), finishing up some freelance, and writing the next story. This is an illustration I’ve been working on for an upcoming event. More about that soon!

1. Rezmason says:

Hey, Eve's got a "We Are Happy To Serve You" coffee cup!

2. guest says:

What a mystical world they live in! That guy's getting his cigarette lit indoors! 'Round here you're not legally supposed to smoke within 3 meters of a doorway/window/air vent…

3. Ilene says:

I love how the atmosphere is captured in places like this :)

4. Derek says:

What sort of shop/restaurant is this that allows and encourages smoking?

5. Taylor says:

I would love a print of this.

6. Fred says:

What happened to 10 pages a month?

• granulac says:

There have been 8 so far this month. I’m a little behind from work/travel, but I’m catching up. Why so snarky?

• Fred says:

4/4, 4/7, 4/14, 4/19. 4/22, 4/27, 4/29. That's 7. I count 8 in March, 5 in February.

I don't know exactly when you hit your first Patreon milestone goal, which promised "at least" 10 pages a month. So maybe I am out of line.

Probably most people don't care, and are happier to get "more", whatever that winds up being.

• meredith says:

Some of those updates are double pages. March was the first Patreon month — by my count I drew 10 full pages.

• bookface says:

Dear Fred,

If you've pledged to support the author & artist of this webcomic, and you're dissatisfied with the return of your investment– just bear in mind that this is all an enormous one-person-effort. No editor / manager / inker / co-writer.

It's certainly not true that people don't care. But if you just want to get what has been promised to you, it never hurts to ask nicely. : )