#633 – this is the beginning

November 12th, 2013

#633 – this is the beginning

The sale on Marceline & the Scream Queens original art continues! Original comic pages for as little as 75 bucks. Each page is one of a kind, so grab your favorite before it’s gone!

There’s also some pages from the current Octopus Pie storyline for sale here. Updated every week or so.

1. Julian says:

What an awesome friend

2. doshio says:

Ah shit, we've all felt that way.

• Kyle H. says:

"That shit they want? I'm none of that shit. I ain't got shit on that shit. I mean… shit, man."

Yep. Been there.

• Dennisthemenace says:

The sad thing was I got passed this, and fucked it up….we both cheated on each other and haven't seen that girl for I think two years…

3. Booga says:

Aw jeeze. You poor mook. Now I actually feel BAD for the guy.

4. Alexis says:

Aww, Eve.

Advice is always easier to give than follow, isn't it.

5. Wisdom Bitch does it again.

6. humdrop says:

This actually made me cry. Not only for what Eve is saying, but also knowing her history and her character and truly feeling that she has had to come to understand these words through that development. It's humanizing. Thanks Meredith <3

I knew it. The Wisdom Bitch hath spoken.

8. Kalinko says:

Nothing makes your day like the sudden realisation you're not a good enough person for that somebody

• Arkadi says:

It's not always about "good": that somebody could well go pick someone who's worse than you in many respects. It's whether you have what they're looking for, or not.

9. Omer says:

Third panel seemed kind of like about to throw up, no?

10. Sgore says:

Aw shoot, we're closing in on the end of the comic, aren't we?

Aw shoot, aw shoot. I don't know what I'm gonna do without Octopus Pie. I've been reading this thing since High School and I've loved it. I hope I'm wrong, but you rarely see a title like "this is the beginning" in an arc this late in a serialized story's run without it being semi-ironic.

Meredith, you've created something wonderful here and I hope you end it as you see fit. I'm just going to miss it is all.

Aw shoot.

11. Brosef says:

i know that feel, brah

12. tony says:

Heartbreak is not easy. At least he had the courage to try. Somepeople don't even get the chance.

• sarah says:

Did he have the courage to try? Or did he just wait around hoping for more drunk make outs and never say anything to her? Open to interpretation but he actually denies it and pretends friendship is his goal to Marigold's face, he did the opposite if try, he strictly hoped.

• tony says:

You make a good point. I'm either not reading into this enough or I'm reading into it too much. Looking back, that last thing I saw was what happened in the comics entitled "Finally You Materialized" and "Poor Girl Has Issues". In some ways it felt like he did try there even though it was non-verbally. Maybe this time (sort of off screen) he actually did tell her his true feeling for her and she rejected him.

Then again, as you say, it is open to interpretation.

• MerchManDan says:

Unless Meredith decides to show what happened, we don't know for sure if he tried or if he did nothing.

13. Josh says:

"None of the shit she wants." Man, that totally DOESN'T remind me of my ex-wife and I'm glad I don't have any feelings.

14. Omnithea says:

All of the benefits of Eve's enlightening pillow talk without all of that distracting sex.

15. adamrocketblack says:

foreshadowing….
    title this :
    "Shawn dies at the end"

16. adamrocketblack says:

Wait, The Beginning ? Oh what?

17. Gavalanche says:

He's still a jerk.

18. Doctopus says:

I feel like Eve was given the same encouragement three comics ago, and now she's passing it on. Friends helping friends be friends. Friending intensifies. Such lovely!

• Kate says:

I get the impression she's saying to herself as much as she's saying it to him. But yeah I agree… spreading the friend-love. It's rather nice.

19. Marvin Choi says:

I really hope…they don't do it…

20. Ron says:

That's the way it goes Sean. One to grow on.

Anyway …

Wow, look how much the strip has progressed:

21. Dennisthemenace says:

I hate to say it but I now identify with Sean more than will……fuck!

22. Oliver says:

Man the strip was different back then, almost completely different characters.

Funny that almost every member in the stoner gang stuck around except Eff-Knocka.

And we never really saw the nerds past the brooklyn bicycle race. I liked Greg :(

23. Ron says:

Is that a tear in panel 4?

24. Michael says:

Hope this doesn't mean someone's about to die. (Might be reading too much Game of Thrones…)

25. eremio says:

I read:

"I wanted to be with [insert the name of that one person] for such a long time …and I totally blew it"

*sobs

26. Continuing onto this page everything is starting to look skewed, like the panels. Damn, I've never felt so worried for any story.

27. adamrocketblack says:

**Prediction#1**

Eve, going through a rough patch gives Puget Sean a sympathy Fuck…
    ( we are all thinking about it )
    …………………………………………………………………………………………….
    *Potentially Mutually Exclusive*……………………………
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    **Prediction #2:**

Puget Sean, Overhearing Eve Ning deny sleeping with him and put him down
    ( Whether or Not it actually happened )

a) Throws himself Off the Cliff!
    or
    b) In a case of Foreshadowing gone mad,Sean mopily goes to the cliff edge to stare into the abyss, only to fall through **a crack** That developed through the rain… D'oh

Cue up Music …… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f8lr2iz9jU

28. Alberto says:

Seriously, Meredith, Sean Puget was my favorite character because I felt like him a lot of times. Yes, I am kind of a dick sometimes too, but I can't judge (nor blame) the fella for being who he is, I'm writing this comment because he isn't on the cast page.

29. adamrocketblack says:

**Alt Universe Prediction #2**
    ( far more likely than people will admit )

We find out out that marigold caught Puget Sean hooking up with Sexy Glamping Tent Dude

and Octopus Pie gets its first outed LGBT character
    Cue up music………….. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjql5bkkL5E

30. Saskia says:

This reminds me a bit of episode that I had with my last BF in a tent…