#311 – ambiguous times

July 15th, 2009

#311 – ambiguous times

The end! Hope you liked this story. It seemed pretty long due to the guest strip run, but this was a relatively short arc.

There is a new thing you can buy, in time for hot summer drinking: Pint Glasses! Featuring the much-loved Paper Bag Parade design, like so:

Please note this is a PRE-ORDER. I must take a pre-order on this one to cover the cost of printing them, so if you want to be included in the order, get yours now. These are likely to ship by the end of July or very beginning of August. Pint glasses!

1. ketsugi says:

What… what is a pizza stone?

Must be some American thing…

• gormster says:

I think it might actually be an Italian thing.

• Spanktracula says:

It's a stone used for baking pizza or bread on in an oven. The stone takes the heat of oven and distributes it over the bottom of the pizza in a more even fashion then a metal pan. It's also porous which means it will absorb moisture during the baking process giving you a crisp crust.

• Jenn says:

You put a pizza stone in the oven and bake a pizza on it. The pizza get all nice, doesn't stick, and the bottom has a great texture. I have one, but I never use it. I guess I should.

• Kyle says:

A pizza stone is a baking device. It maintains a certain amount of heat in the oven that makes it perfect for baking pizza on top of (and I am sure other baked goodies).

A wonderful investment for pizza making folk, just be sure to put corn meal on top before you put the dough on.

• Avernus says:

I'm so glad that one person's legit explanation was made redundant by those who felt the need to restate the exact thing that was previously stated before them. Twice.

• hotsauce says:

It's a device used in the baking of pizza. Somewhere along the way, someone figured out that the stone baking surface in a pizza oven was very important to the consistency of the crust, and came up with a home version. It distributes the heat along the bottom better than metal, and absorbs moisture for a crisper crust.

2. Angie says:

I really like Park! He's definitely grown on me.

3. elliott says:

meredith, did you go to the dave chappelle madness? i left… 30 minutes before he showed up… *tear*. why don’t i trust twitter?

4. anon says:

I don't understand why Eve got hit

5. Clueless says:

we have a cowboy bebop fan amongst us! (see alt text)

• Dell says:

As soon as I saw that text the song immediately blared in my mind.

• Jeff says:

Well, I too am a huge fan of the Seatbelts (& Bebop), but I feel compelled to point out that the expression "bad dog, no biscuit" is as old as the proverbial hills. And it's been a favorite of musicians for almost as long. There's an old rockabilly song of the same name (which you hear all the time at blues jams) and a band from the 90s named that too (not sure if they're still around).

6. Danyell says:

Geez, this kids today are too lazy to even Google for themselves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_stone

Also, I'm pretty sure Eve got hit because she kissed Will and now Hanna is starting to not hate Park so much.

7. Remember yesterday's Will speech? "Do you think your friends are dogs? You can't control our behavior or boil our motives down to simple yes-no answers You can't keep us from screwing up " Hanna still thinks she can keep Eve from screwing up, so she hits her with a newspaper,

Like she would discipline a dog.

8. ladymercury says:

I had an idea pizza stone was… er… stone condensed into a pizza? XD Thanks for the wiki link, Danyell.

Hanna is in conflict now isn't she. Park's not so bad, Will's still great, and Eve ends up being the screwball best friend who can't leave NYC. Oh man. The drama.

9. Marklar says:

That's right! Eve is getting hers soon enough.

10. Raf says:

Merdith. Snowy plushes please! He's adorable.

• Almost Literally says:

Agreed.

Also, if you had Octo Pie action figures, I may or may not buy them and then play with them constantly. The may or may not depends on how nerdy whoever is reading this thinks I am.

11. Jenn says:

Love Snowy's tail movement as he's crossing the street with Park.

12. Sebastian says:

Ha! I could hear that last panel.

13. fish8915 says:

LOL LOL LOL

=D

14. David Waltergart says:

Hilarity & Sue… Hanna spares Snowy the paper but Eve's been 'bad'.

And best of all, Hanna has tricked herself into a friendship!

Mmm, covetous… printy, pinty, classy & glassy goodness.

15. Carlos says:

Oh wow….now Hanna and Park friendship

Poor poor Eve, the pain that aproaches her is impresive.

Why am I dreading my sister dog after this storyline

16. Krimson says:

Things is 'bout to get mo' complicated.

Let us make an Obama-shaped pizza and see how this progresses! Woocha!

17. Omega says:

I'm afraid if I got a pizza stone shaped like Obama, I'd have to crack it over the person who gave it to me's head.

18. Rina says:

XD I love Park and Eve…Hanna is starting to get less annoying.

I'm not totally certain what the point of such a pizza stone would be; Mr. Presidents face would be imprinted upon the -bottom- of the pizza crust, where no-one will ever see it.

20. Alain says:

Of course I liked it . I like just about any dog story, and when the dog is named Snowy and he chases squirrels in sewers then it's a guarantee of quality.

21. John K says:

that last panel is priceless.

22. Sir Lancelot says:

NEWSPAPER'D!

Loved this storyline, Mer. Can't wait for the next one to start…

P.S. Love the alt text. I laughed.

P.P.S. I also pre-ordered those glasses. They look awesome-sauce. I needs me some Octopus Pie barware!

23. Almost Literally says:

At first I thought a pizza stone was an uncooked pizza. *Facekeyboard*

Eve's expression in the last panel is hilarious! I love the *o*

I thought she got hit because she was ogling Park. I guess the Will thing makes sense too though.

24. Tommy says:

eves haircut in this one is pretty awsome