#698 + 699 – it couldn’t be like that

August 23rd, 2014

#698 + 699 – it couldn’t be like that

1. Yotomoe says:

Well Will. This is a fine kettle of fish.

2. TomW says:

Yyyyep. Larry, you beautiful font of idiot wisdom, you.

3. grantimusmax says:

Why is Larry suddenly the most well adjusted and self aware person in this comic?! He's like the Rain Man of emotional bliss.

4. laura.s says:

Oh man. This comic just illuminated my current romance problems and laid 'em out niiice and clear to me.

Man, all this time, I didn't need no counselor or well-meaning friends or any of that; I just needed Larry.

5. woooow says:

Larry's the type of person I would have a deep admiration for, but I would never be able to have any sort of decent conversation with. He would never remember my name and would only call me as "x's weird friend" in parties.

6. benoit says:

that feel when you kinda wanted to talk about something with someone you trust but then you don't get the opportunity and it's kind of like being left with a fine kettle of fish

7. jen says:

So many unspoken emotions and thoughts going on in the textless panels… classic male interaction.

8. Linda says:

Is this the first time we’ve seen Larry expressing loneliness/unhappiness of any kind? He’s always been the unflappable, breezy, carefree bro to me. I just sort of always expected him to be that. But first Hannah, then Larry… all these things that I took for granted as constants and then NOPE rug pulled out from underneath.

I wonder if this is a recent revelation he had with Claudia or something he’s known for some time now about himself.

9. Ian says:

he does seem like a cool guy, someone i would love to know if he was real

10. Marvin Choi says:

Oh God, Will's life has becomes like a hurricane.

11. Donnyfightworld says:

This guy THIS GUY. Larry. Best guy. Hundred years.

12. jon says:

Larry has depths that even HE hasn't been able to plumb.